Is Taking a Vacation Stressful for Your Employees?
Posted on August 12, 2022 by kozmun
Taking a vacation can be stressful for employees. As a manager, you can reduce that stress and make it easier for your employees to return rested.
Part of managing a team involves keeping track of everyone’s well-being. You can’t expect exceptional results in your business if your team is feeling overworked or unable to recharge.
Taking a Vacation is Important
Taking time for yourself is important. Equally important is ensuring your team knows you support their right to take time off. Sometimes, employees get nervous about taking a vacation because they don’t want to appear lazy or disengaged. This can often lead to distractions and in turn, lower productivity.
Tips to Try
Increase employee engagement and give a great impression:
· Check in with your employees on a monthly or quarterly basis.
· Make it clear that vacation time doesn’t need to be explained.
· Offer to come up with a plan for coverage while they’re away.
Questions for leaders
1. Do you think your current vacation policies need to be adjusted?
2. How do you ensure your staff is taking the time they are entitled to?
Employee and Mobilize Engagement Program
Develop more strategies with our Great Engagement: Engage and Mobilize Employees Training Program.
For more information and to register:
Your organization may be eligible for funding through the Canada Job Grant program.